BECOMING A MEMBER
In one of the nine trade colleges
If you are a professional working in the cinema industry in France and wish to become a member of the Académie des Arts et Techniques du Cinéma in one of the eleven trade colleges, and thus take part in voting for the César awards, you must:
Make sure you comply with the conditions defined by the Academy Regulations pertaining to the professional category to which you belong;
Send to the following address :
Académie des Arts et Techniques du Cinéma
Service des adhésions
11 rue de l'Avre
75015 Paris - France
- An application letter (mentioning your home address, your email address, a telephone number where we can reach you and the college you are applying for);
- Two sponsorship letters from Academy members regardless of which college they belong to;
- A curriculum vitae outlining your career in the cinema (please indicate the release dates of films you have worked on. Release dates and not production dates are taken into consideration);
For the next renewal session of the trades colleges, completed applications must reach the Academy before 15 October 2016.
In the college of associate members
This college is open to persons who have made outstanding contributions to the cinema, and who have wished to become members of the Académie des Arts et Techniques du Cinéma, and thus take part in the voting for the César awards.
To join, you must first have made a request to the Association’s Chairman or one of the two Secretaries General, who alone are empowered to present your request to the “the Academy Bureau”. Your request can be made by any means at your convenience, accompanied by any information you consider relevant. Written requests may be sent to the secretariat of the Academy, who will forward them to the addressee of the request.
For the next renewal session of the college of associate members, completed applications must reach the Academy before 15 October 2016.
All applications for all colleges (Trade College and College of Associate Members) are studied once a year by the Academy’s “the Academy Bureau” in early November. Replies are sent by post before the 30th November. The "Academy Bureau” decisions are final and are not subject to appeal. Any candidacy can be presented as many times as the applicant desires.
As of 8 November 2016, the breakdown of the Academy’s 4622 members into their various colleges was as follows :
- Member admitted to the college of actors : 662 > 14 %
- Member admitted to the college of directors: 772 > 17 %
- Member admitted to the college of writers: 216 > 5 %
- Member admitted to the college of technicians : 1348 > 29 %
- Member admitted to the college of producers : 660 > 14 %
- Member admitted to the college of distributors & exporters : 139 > 3 %
- Member admitted to the college of technical industries: 58 > 1 %
- Member admitted to the college of agents, casting directors, press attachés : 228 > 5 %
- Member admitted to the college of cinema managers: 295 > 7 %
- Member admitted to the college of associate members: 246 > 5 %